Do I need my parents’ consent to change my name at school or by deed poll?

In the UK, the law states that a young person has the ability to make these decisions for themselves in a school setting, and the school could be accused of discrimination under the Equality Act 2010 for not recognising the gender identity of the child. However, parental consent is required for a formal name change by deed poll. This requires the consent of both parents. You can find out more here.