I am non-binary and I want hormones or surgery. Can I do this?

Yes. Some non-binary people experience gender dysphoria, or want to pursue a more androgynous appearance (a mixture of masculine and feminine, or neither masculine nor feminine), and may want to be referred for hormones or surgery as a result.

Non-binary people may not want to undergo ‘full’ transmasculine or transfeminine transition. However, some of the effects of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) are permanent, so it’s important that you discuss your transition goals with your clinician to ensure you know what to expect.

You can find further information in our article on hormone use for non-binary people.