Do you need a court order to get gender affirming treatment?

No. The advice from the General Medical Council is clear on the need for court involvement in patients’ care: ‘If a child lacks the capacity to consent, you should ask for their parent’s consent. It is usually sufficient to have consent from one parent. If parents cannot agree and disputes cannot be resolved informally, you should seek legal advice about whether you should apply to the court.’